Tuesday 15 November 2011

Uruguay's got talent


I have to admit that I was never a fan of uruguayan fashion. Actually, I never paid much attention to it. But ever since I've been working in the busness, I realized that there is a huge amount of incredibly talented designers here. And so, I was very honored to be part of MoWeek, Montevideo's new fashion week. It's third edition took place on October 21st, 22nd and 23rd, and in my opinion it was the best one so far. Lots of young independent designers and more established brands took over the catwalk and showrooms.

Tengo que admitir que nunca fui fanática de la moda uruguaya. En realidad, nunca le presté mucha atención. Pero desde que comencé a trabajar en el medio me di cuenta de la cantidad de talentosos diseñadores que tiene este país. Así, fue un honor formar parte de MoWeek, la nueva semana de la moda de Montevideo. Su tercera edición fue el 21, 22 y 23 de octubre, y en mi opinión fue la mejor hasta ahora. Muchos diseñadores independientes y marcas más conocidas se encontraron en la pasarela y los showrooms.

Grupo 134, hailing from Argentina, the brand showed an incredible collection which mixed black, white and stripes all in amazing outfits that were masculine and femenine at the same time. it sort of reminded me of the movie A Clockwork Orange, specially the hats (loved them!)

Vale Valuchi's show was a very interesting experience. It was way more than a fashion show, it was a mixed of feelings. i sat the whole time there amazed by all the amazing designs and couldn't stop thinking that I wanted every single piece. Here's the future of uruguayan fashion.

Penny Lane is the brand that all the cool kids want to wear. In my opinion one of the most original and talented young designers around, Penny Lane showed a collection inspired on the 70's.

What's not to love about Bellmur's collection? The setting was awesome. The music was great. The clothes were amazing. If I have to summerise it in few words, the collection was for a high-class bitch, a sofisticated one.

The thing about Lemon is that they sell clothes for the everyday woman. Although I felt like I already knew the collection by heart, i have to admit that the show was fun and the styling was nice, specially with the hair and make-up.
Last but not least is Punta Carretas's Lúmina. This show is sort of a MoWeek trademark, as it has been on the schedule ever since the first edition. This season was particulary beautiful, as the show was inspired on a group of very influential women.

PHOTOS/FOTOS: 
PAZOS-LANDARIN PARA ITAÚ MOWEEK

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails