Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Art of Multicoloured Simplicity

It's being a while since I last updated, and I've been thinking about doing a post about my top spring 2011 collections. Finally I found time to look for the pictures and photoshop them, so now I can do the part 1. Here are some of my favourite Spring 2011 collections:
Alexander McQueen. After the designer's death earlier this year, I was wondering if continuing his legacy was the right path. McQueen was a genious, there's no doubt about it, and it's hard for any designer to fill his shoes. Surprinsingly Sarah Burton did an amazing collection. Although it seemed more like a resume of his past collections, everything turned up beautifully.
Dolce & Gabbana. God knows I hate Dolce & Gabbana. But for some reason the past two collections, which includes this one, have catch my eye. The white pieces were incredibly beautiful, and as I wrote on a previous post about the collection, the whole styling made the models look like angels.
Jil Sander. To be honest, Jil Sander never caught my eye before. But this beautifully made collection is one of my favourites. The simplicity of the outfits is outstanding as the colour palette makes them singular. The white dress with the print (far left) is something I would love to wear!
Lanvin. I dear to call this collection my favourite of the season. Alber Elbaz's interpretation of a greek godess ended on an incredible sexy and fierce collection, totally unexpected, at least for me. The details and colours are outstanding, as well as the movement of the dresses. This collection definetely put Lanvin on the top of my favourite brands.
Prada. Inspired by tango and latn cultures, Miuccia Prada created an incredible simple collection, with geometricall lines and cuts. The palette of colours was limited, but the unique patterns were the stars of the show.
Emilio Pucci. Peter Dundas has impressed me. For sure this is my favourite collection since he has started to design for Pucci. The seventies inspired designs were some of my favourites of the season, and there's nothing that I like most than headbands. Sexy was the key, and the thigh high boots and revealing dresses were there to show that.

1 comment:

Dinahsrighthere said...

I have to say I usually prefer winter collections, but this season every designer has come up with something amazing!, I love it all !.
Alexander Mcqueen was definitely a good surprise, I love that is was so soft and romantic but still true the the designer's legacy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails